Friday, October 06, 2006

Things that are worth doing/not doing

I took my 3 year old golfing today (hum along to the Dead milkmen tune of similar title if you wish).

It was equal parts wonderful and difficult.

1) we (I) chose to walk, not ride

2) it was 11:00 in Dallas on a sunny Day in Warm-tober

3) We forgot our water

Needless to say, we didn't get far before we both started second-guessing playing the entire 9 hole chip-and-putt. Around the 2nd green, he started getting thirsty - and distracted.

But it was pretty cool to walk, hand in hand up to the first green and watch him chip a 20yd 7 iron to within three feet of the cup (he three-putted - like father like son). And equally cool to watch him tee up and hit a 40 yard three wood off the second tee.

So if I take care of those three oversights, I think I might be able to get nine out of the kid yet.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Securing your retirement via the Earl Woods method, eh?

Irene Done said...

Hell, I get thirsty and distracted around the 2nd green. The more important question: how much money did you win off of him?