Wednesday, January 03, 2007

P Ro. knows


This is the look of a man who has heard, from the lips of God, that millions will meet their doom in 2007.

I'm sure Mr. (is he Dr?) Robertson means well, but can you really stand in front of people with a straight face (or as above) and say things like "The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that."

???

Pat goes on to say: "I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

What kind of a track record does the Lord have, Pat? Assuming that's who is giving you all this inside info on the doom that faces all of us. Has this guy really turned "speaking with God" into the equivalent of an episode of "Medium"? If this is the case, I find Patricia Arquette much more appealing and compelling (again, see above) than a man who looks like George Bush after a couple belts of Jim Beam.

Of course I hope he's wrong. But I have this terrible feeling he's being put up to it by his Jim-Beam faced doppleganger in an attempt to reclaim the God-fearing red staters who just voted all the republicans out of city and county office around here.

Repent, Republicans! For the Democrats are nigh. And dry.

5 comments:

Jetpacks said...

"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

Deuteronomy 18:22

"If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him."

James-H said...

Amen.

Make the logo bigger said...

Jetpacks, did you get an iBible for Christmas? I am afraid. Well, not of Pat, but, you know, in the bigger sense.

Jetpacks said...

There's reason to be afraid in the bigger sense, of course. Just don't go getting your fearful attitude from anything PR has to say. (PR? Hmmm. Coincidence? YOU decide!)

As for the IBible, no. But I got a copy of Talledega Nights, which is pretty inspired.

James-H said...

Somebody's going to hell.
Or at least lesser Alabama.