Monday, February 12, 2007

This could be huge-r

Barack Obama has his contituents going Blog-Crazy.

And that's all fine and good.

But as anyone worth his Linkedin subscription will tell you, signing up a couple hundred folks to be your peeps online does not a constituency make.

What creeps me out about campaigning this early, aside from the frigging advertising that will at some point plague all of us - online, on TV, on the radio, on billboards, in our sleep, etc. - is that A) I will have to listen to H.R. Clinton opine on ANYTHING whatsoever, B) I will have to list to B. Obama describe why she's wrong (which is painfully obvious) and C) even the most ill-equipped republicans will start to look good in comparison.

And I say that as a borderline Republican, who think Dick Armey sounds like a reasonable man (thank You Texas Monthly.)

So like your typical American, I'll save my vote for where it matters most.

And I don't feel the least bit ugly of an American for admitting I'd rather see some 16 year old girl from Krum oversing an oversung song on A.I. (American Idol, not Allen Iverson) than listen to the Democratic Party sing their pitiful old refrain for an extra year.

1 comment:

Moda di Magno said...

JeeYaySuz - newt.org is like a freak show. Is that a political site or some right wing faction of Scientology? I'm blind now. Blind I tell you.