Thursday, April 26, 2007

A story that's guaranteed to piss you off

This just in:

Four Steps to Imperfection

1. You get more done if you don't sweat the details.
2. You do better work if you aren't worried about perfection.
3. Working the longest hours doesn't mean you're doing the best work.
4. Stop procrastination by stopping perfectionism.

I'll get more done if I half ass it.
I'll do better work if I half-ass it.
I'll do better work if I go home early.
If I half-ass it, I'll stop putting it off.

This may be great advice for Home Depot employees and your average call center drone, but I'm all for people who sweat the details, worry about perfection (getting it right), put in an extra hour or two or ten when it's necessary and get it the fuck done, especially perfectly.

Call me old fashioned, but I thought that was the idea. Do it. Do it now. Do it right. And then start doing something else right.

Fucking Yahoo blogbait.

1 comment:

Make the logo bigger said...

Seems like all the time saved doing half-assed work is spent on her ‘look’ though. And who the fuck paints “...near a window” except the mentally challenged and/or legally blind?