Monday, July 16, 2007

Putting the Ho back in ho hum



I feel like Rip Van Winkle. Like I woke up and suddenly things are important that were never important before.

I guess I can see why: not since the Osbournes have Americans so quickly invited a family to spend quality TV time with them. And family this has gold all over it. A minor pop wash-up marries the most recognizable name in European sports (I'm guessing Beckham is an even bigger name than Nadal). The two are lavished with stupid money and a herd of paparazzi. Hilarity ensues. See Posh get the plumbing hooked up. See Posh getting obnoxious with the pool guy/cable guy/dog groomer/nanny. It makes for great television: a broadcast version of Stars! They're just like us!

As I continue to agonize over whether or not to start spending stupid money on cable, I see entertainment like this eclipsing network television and think: I want me MTV.

No comments: