Wednesday, August 08, 2007

PY Caveat: I am a Link Whore

It's true. I spread the link love wildly and without a good deal of thought - or love even. As transparent as it may seem, actually YonderPonder was created for an audience of one: me. Basically a place for me to collect my thoughts - my favorite links - and to ponder on the yonderness of it all. And then, lo and behold, some of you started reading it.

I have no idea why.

I'm no authority on marketing. Or advertising. Or art. Or golf. Or Verizon's utter lack of customer service. Or Angelina's tattoos.

I just find stuff I like and dump it in here to remind me why I'm in this sometimes idiotic business. From the double headed perspective of an advertiser and one who is advertised to.

I leave the poignant observations to people with sociology degrees and book credits. My opinion is very much like an asshole: it stinks just as much as everyone elses. And it's just a necessary: a way to get poison out of my system before it poisons me.

I started this blog with no agenda. I continue to post to this blog with no specific goal in mind. I am amused by my technorati "Authority" rating. I am amused by my web traffic tracker. I am amused by the kind of googling that leads people to Yonderponder.

Whatever your reasons for reading this blog: thanks. You are not reading the words of a pundit with authority. Other than the authority of a 34-year-old 10 year veteran of advertising with a family, a job, and a taste for barbecue.

On with the inanities.

5 comments:

Thinking In Vain said...

Yes, but what style of barbecue?

:)

Moda di Magno said...

And that sir, is why we love you.

Make the logo bigger said...

Damn, did I inspire another post?

;-p

Technically, I think you need Google AdSense to qualify for Link Whore™ status.

Jetpacks said...

You sound like a reluctant celebrity.

Quit being such a Kurt Cobain and start being a Courtney Love.

I read Yonder Ponder 'cause you're a no-holds-barred damned funny prick a lot of the time - while at the same time managing to weave in some very insightful and well-worded advice on this business.

Hmmmm...it's almost like you're the younger, American George Parker.

James-H said...

Vain: Texas brisket

Lori: Awwwww

Bill: You did, and that's true. I forgot the money piece. I guess I'm just a Link Slut™

Dave: My persona demands a certain level of aw-shucks tempering the fuck-you. Humility is part of my charm. That and my utter lack of fashion sense.